SPCA Value of Adoption
Adopting a pet from your SPCA for Monterey County is an amazing value for a lifetime of love.
- The SPCA provides a wide amount of services to all animals in our care. All dog, cat, puppy, and kitten adoptions include the pet’s spay or neuter surgery, vaccinations, microchip identification, health evaluation, behavior evaluation, a carrier (for cats and kittens), and lots more.
- Your SPCA rescues and adopts all animals in need, including cats, kittens, puppies, dogs, horses, rabbits, small pets, parrots, reptiles, birds, hamsters, exotic pets, barn animals, and more.
- Many pets who arrive ill or injured receive lifesaving veterinary treatment thanks to our Paws to Recycle program (Helping shelter pets and the environment!).
- SPCA adoptions are a value of $400 to $800 dollars, not even including the lifetime of love!
- Skilled and compassionate SPCA staff and volunteers help guide adopters to the pet that fits their lifestyle.
- The SPCA provides a free behavior helpline, discounted classes for adoptees and lots of tips to help you keep your pet in your home for life.
- Adults 60 years of age and older can adopt pets three years of age or older for $50 off the regular adoption fee!
- We never put time limits on the pets in our care.
Your SPCA for Monterey County also offers a wide variety of services to the community, including low cost spay, neuter and vaccination services, wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, disaster preparedness and response, affordable and fun dog and puppy training classes, animal cruelty and neglect investigation and rescue, sheltering of lost pets, and so much more. Visit our services page to learn more! You can also join our team as a volunteer, make a donation to support our animal rescues, or adopt a new pet today.
Are you and your pets prepared in case of disaster or emergency? Learn how The SPCA can help keep your family and pets safe with tips, kit checklists, and more here.