The SPCA for Monterey County provides compassionate services for animals that are in need of humane euthanasia. Owners can bring their pet to The SPCA Intake lobby during regular business hours where a staff member will assist with paperwork and services. Animal owners have the option to stay with their animal during the euthanasia service (please call ahead at (831) 373-2631 for an appointment time if you wish to stay).
HUMANE EUTHANASIA RATES:
- Small Pets (rabbits, rats, hamsters, etc.): $45
- Animals under 40 lbs: $60; with owner present $75
- Animals 40-75 lbs: $80; with owner present $100
- Animals over 75 lbs: $105; with owner present $130
Please call ahead for an appointment if you would prefer to have an owner present euthanasia service or if you would like to have your pet’s ashes returned to you.
PRIVATE CREMATION RATES:
(Your pet’s ashes will be returned to you in a beautiful Cedar box that can be engraved.)
- Small pets (rabbits, rats, hamsters, etc.): $105
- Pets 0-49 lbs: $195
- Pets 50-99 lbs: $255
- Pet 100+ lbs: $320
- Pawprint with Easel: $75
- The paw print is a ceramic disc with an indentation of the pet’s paw and a stamp of the pet’s name. Choose from 7 glaze colors.
COMMUNAL CREMATION RATES:
(All communal cremations will be dispersed in the Sierra Nevada Foothills through a partner company.)
- Small pets (rats, hamsters, etc.): $20
- Cats/Rabbits: $20
- Dogs 0-79 lbs: $50
- Dogs 80 lbs+: $85
PET BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT PROGRAM
You May Also Like...
Join the pack.
Want to learn more about us and how we help people, pets, and wildlife? Sign up below to receive SPCA eNewsletters.