Spay & Neuter
The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) Monterey County Veterinary Clinic provides high-quality spay & neuter services (see below), vaccinations, leukemia tests, flea and tick control, and microchips at an affordable price by appointment for dogs and cats in our community.
Spay & Neuter Surgeries by Appointment: Please make an appointment online now. Please note, our services are very popular, and we are currently booked out two months which is as far as our booking system allows. We recommend checking daily to make your appointment if you are unable to schedule one now.
Mobile Spay & Neuter Surgeries in our Community: See upcoming locations and make appointments online.
Vaccinations & Microchips by Appointment: Please make an appointment online now.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 831-264-5400.
SPAY & NEUTER SURGERIES
- Appointments are required for spay and neuter surgeries.
- Pets must be 8 weeks old and over 2 pounds for surgery. Please contact our Veterinary Clinic if you have any questions regarding the age or weight of your pet.
- There are no additional fees for office visits.
- A $25 non-refundable fee is required to reserve your surgery appointment date and time. This fee will be applied to your pet’s total surgery fee the day of your appointment. This fee is not refundable if you miss your appointment. Please call us if you have any questions.
- Salinas residents: please see our $25 special!
- Seaside residents: please see our $25 special!
Dog Spays & Neuters
Cat Spays & Neuters
Feral Cat Spays & Neuters
- Spay and neuter surgeries are available by appointment.
- Surgeries are just $25, and include the cat’s spay/neuter surgery, rabies vaccination, FVRCP vaccine, and ear tip.
- In addition to appointments, we will continue to take in one feral cat each day without an appointment for those who did not hear about this change, or for those who have an unexpected opportunity to trap a feral.
- You are welcome and encouraged to schedule days or weeks in advance of your planned trapping day. There is no limit to the number of cats per trapper as long as the appointments are available. As with all our surgeries, the deposit is non-refundable but you are welcome to trade spots with other trappers and call or email us to let us know.
- If you have a voucher for a feral spay/neuter, please make an appointment which will require a deposit. Once you bring the feral cat for surgery at our clinic and present the voucher, we will reimburse you the deposit.
- The appointment system will ask for your cat’s information. We understand that you likely will not know which cat you will trap. Please enter any information to the best of your knowledge. If you are unsure, please enter the cat as a female and the name as “Feral”.
- In addition to our many daily feral surgeries, we also offer special Feline Fridays twice a month on the first and last Friday of every month (excluding the following holiday weeks: November 26, December 31). These events have room for multiple cats by appointment.
- For the safety of you, our staff, and the cats, all feral cats must be in a secure feral cat trap, like the one pictured here. Feral cats brought to our clinic not in these traps will not be accepted for surgery. Please call us if you have any questions about feral cat traps.
Rabbit Spay and Neuters
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Join the pack.
Want to learn more about us and how we help people, pets, and wildlife? Sign up below to receive SPCA eNewsletters.